Summer doings


 I’ve been away from this space for nearly two months, and a busy two months it has been! There have been wonderful highs (that I will share) and daunting challenges (that I am unable to share) that have kept me quite preoccupied. But now that summer break has arrived, I look forward to respite from the turbulence (I hope) and quiet times of reflection as I seek to find some balance and focus. 

I had just one day after school let out to prepare for flying to IL to attend my nephew’s wedding. This plan had been in the works for several months. Two more school snow day cancellations and the plan would have been ruined. Thankfully, it all went off without a hitch, to include my kids and their partners flying in and out at separate times, car rental, etc. I’m just so grateful we had the opportunity to spend time together at Mom and Dad’s; to eat Mom’s good cooking sitting around the family table, to meander through their beautiful yard, to reminisce times gone by, and to spend time with Luke’s girlfriend, Mary, whom we met briefly last summer on our trip to CO. The weather was near perfect for the outdoor wedding, and it was nice to catch up with family and a college friend. The only regret is that Bill couldn’t join us as he had 4 school/work days to go that prevented him from joining us.









This last picture of Dad is just precious for so many reasons. Meet Emmy, Mom and Dad’s beloved cat who has captured their hearts. I have never seen them dote over a pet as they do Emmy. Dad has never particularly like cats throughout the years they have had them on the farm. His usual “damn cat” attitude has gone missing. Looking for Emmy is the first thing he does after coming in from mowing and other various yard and farm chores. And Emmy sleeps on a pillow near Mom at night. Super cute and heartwarming. It comforts me to know they have Emmy’s daily presence to give them joy and delight. 



Comments

Popular Posts