Weekend Meanderings

 A few pics and thoughts from my weekend.


As is often the case here in New England, our spring has been cool and blustery. I can’t tell you the number of times the weather oscillated between summer-like rain showers and bright, cloud fill skies yesterday. As I was dusting the living room furniture, I happened to glance out the window to see bright blue skies and the biggest, puffiest clouds. I quickly grabbed my camera, donned a jacket, and flew out the door, intent on capturing the majesty of the clouds. (Alas, I have much to learn about this when using a DSLR camera. The photo above was taken with my phone.)


The resident turkeys were taking advantage of worms drawn to the surface by the rain.


And this Easter Phoebe was hunting insects.

A quick check of the bluebird house showed no active nest building. I’m a bit concerned. I’m hoping to see last year’s pair return very soon. I’ll be on the look out this week. The temps are supposed to be on the rise, so surely they will be building soon if they are going to.


I made it to church this morning for Palm Sunday, and I’m so glad I did. We read through the Passion narrative. Since childhood, I have been gripped by this narrative. I plan to attend Maundy Thursday service and Good Friday service. The above photo is indeed a Tiffany window. We have a handful of these beautiful works of art in our small, Episcopal Church. I live just miles from where Louis Tiffany’s father, Charles, owned and operated a cotton mill where Louis worked as a child. I could sit and gaze at these windows that portray such beauty and depth. The gospel story has provided those with eyes to see and ears to hear, such beauty and depth, such richness of Truth that can only be perceived with the heart. I am convinced of this. I know many who dismiss it as mere “illusion”. I get that. I do not judge unbelievers. Jesus did not. Nor do I. But oh, the beauty and majesty of this God man’s life. I cannot contain it. 

A blessed Holy Week to you. 


Comments

Popular Posts